There are a few dishes that speak of family dinners and quick but healthy takeaways than a rotisserie chicken. In fact, the picture of a hot roasted chicken on the dinner table might just be the quintessential picture of people coming together.
As easy as it is to fetch a rotisseried meat oven from your local roaster, it can never be more convenient or even as tasty than a home-cooked, or rather, a home-rotisseried chicken. It doesn’t even have to be poultry. You might want to roast that delicious pork belly or that hunk of grass-fed beef.
For this task, a top-quality rotisserie oven will bring family and friends together for the self-basted meat that is a cuisine of its own.
Speaking of rotisserie cooking at home, we’ve got the five best rotisserie ovens listed here for you. Also, we’ve included a helpful guide that you can consult so your choice of rotisserie oven will be an informed and sure decision. With this guide, you’ll know what to look for and to check in the oven that will be perfect for you!
Firstly, let’s take a look at our top five best rotisserie ovens 2020:
Below, you’ll find our more detailed reviews, but you can also click the links above to see current prices or read customer reviews on Amazon.
Finding the Best Rotisserie Oven For 2020
Rotisserie ovens can range from prices that are dirt-cheap to dizzying highs. However, what makes it more confusing is that their quality isn’t entirely dependent on their price. Hence, for you to get the perfect rotisserie oven, especially for your particular cooking needs, you’ll need to consider several rotisserie oven elements and features.
Hopefully, this quick guide to choosing the best rotisserie oven will help you do just that. Without further ado, let’s start with the advantages of a rotisserie oven.
Benefits of a Rotisserie Oven
Consider just some of the advantages of owning a Rotisserie oven:
Rotisserie chicken is already famous for its quick takeaway convenience. However, imagine if you can make this mouthwatering dish in the comfort of your home! This benefit makes rotisserie ovens incredibly attractive to those who love their roasted poultry.
Saves Space as Well as Easy Storage
Rotisserie ovens are fantastic options for homes or kitchens with limited space.
Heating appliances take the most toll on your electricity consumption. This reason is why rotisserie ovens, especially those with convection heat are much better, if not more efficient options, over traditional ovens.
Don’t let their name fool you; rotisserie ovens do more than just make succulently roasted poultry. They are also capable of toasters with similar functions as large conventional ovens.
Ovens have always been the choice of the health-conscious since their usually is a minimal need for cooking oil. Additionally, rotisserie ovens address the occasional dry meat with its self-basting function
Types of Rotisserie Oven
There are three main types of rotisserie ovens: vertically-oriented, horizontally-oriented, and a rotisserie-toasted oven combo.
Vertical rotisserie ovens are those with vertically-oriented spits (think gyros, and kabobs). Typically, vertical rotisseries are easier to use since these are not finicky when it comes to balancing the meat on the spit.
Obviously, horizontal rotisserie ovens are the models featuring horizontal spits. This type is the more popular option. Although, it may take some trial and error when learning how to skewer meat for balance and even cooking correctly.
Rotisserie Toaster Oven
Rotisserie Toaster ovens can have a spit of either orientation but with the additional features of a standard toaster oven.
Things to Consider Before Purchasing The Best Rotisserie Oven
Evaluating your planned use of the oven as well as your cooking needs will help greatly in determining your next rotisserie oven. You might want to ask yourself these following questions:
- How big do you need your oven to be? Are you saving space? Do you regularly roast multiple poultry at a time?
- Are the interiors non-stick or otherwise easy to clean? Are the oven parts detachable and dishwasher-safe?
- What features are important to you?
- Timer – Do you need long timer options or is a 60-minute knob adequate?
- Temperature Control – Would you need precise control over cooking temperature?
- Functions – Would you appreciate programmable cooking features and digital displays?
- Control knobs -Do you prefer push-button controls or analog knobs?
The 7 Best Selling Rotisserie Oven on Amazon
Reviewing the 5 Best Rotisserie Ovens:
So let’s drive into deep analysis of our list of 5 best home rotisserie oven in 2020.
1. Black+Decker WCR-076 Rotisserie Toaster Oven Review
Earning our top marks among the best rotisserie ovens is the Black & Decker TO4314SSD with both its versatility and bang for your buck! If you feel like roasting as well as broiling, baking, grilling, toasting, and finally keeping food warm, then this is the oven for you! The oven’s 1500w quick-cooking power perfectly complements all the tasks that you will give it!
You’ll also get a dedicated toast button so you can get the level of light or dark toasting that you want!
The TO4314SSD doesn’t lack in the looks department too! Its sleek contemporary aesthetics will look great in modern kitchens. We can say that this oven’s design goes head to head with the similar sleek looks of the ovens from Ronco and Cuisinart.
Despite its minimal design, the TO4314SSD features analog controls thus will last typically longer than push-button controls.
All the features above just make this astonishingly affordable oven a great bargain for any kitchen!
- Great value
- Top-notch stainless steel build
- Quick-heating as well as cooking
- Excellent modern aesthetics with equally great control buttons
- Multi-purpose rotisserie, toaster, and mini-oven
- Sturdy analog controls
- The label-less, icon-only controls may be confusing at first.
- The timer button only extends to an hour of cooking, so you’ll need to reset the timer for food with longer cooking times
- The ticking timer may not be attractive for some
2. Hamilton Beach Rotisserie Oven Review
Do you miss the old-fashioned ticking clock of ovens of yesteryear but would want a relatively modern-looking rotisserie oven? The Hamilton Beach 31104 might just be the oven for you. Of course, the oven does more than remind you of the analog era.
In addition to roasting chicken, this metallic silver rotisserie oven will also let you cook 12-inch pizzas, and two casseroles or cake pans up to 9-inch by 13-inch in size!
Also, you have the space for slender or thinly sliced veggies on the baking pan which will catch all the lovely dripping chicken oil from the rotisserie!
- Large oven capacity
- Quick heating
- Power-efficient convection feature
- Compact size for crowded kitchen countertops
- Inconsistent temperature gauge
- Old-fashioned timer sound may be a nuisance for some
- Relatively longer cooking times
- Limited to 5-pound birds
- Flimsy control knobs
3. Elite by Maxi-Matic Rotisserie Oven Review
Do you fit any of these descriptions?
- Are you looking for a workhorse oven that will do most of the cooking?
- Do you own a kitchen with limited space?
- Are you a student living in a dorm who needs a no-frills cooking instrument?
- Are you a family or couple on a budget?
If you said “Yes” to any of the descriptions above, the MaxiMatic ERO-2008S from Elite Cuisine is the best oven for you! Where do we start with this oven’s unparalleled versatility? For one thing, with this one appliance, you can practically cook an entire meal plus a pastry dish for dessert!
What more can this oven do in addition to roasting, broiling, baking, toasting, and grilling? If you look at the picture below, you’ll see that on top of the oven is a hot plate which serves as a grill, griddle a steamer!
Just imagine, at one time you could be sautéing fried rice or veggies on the hot plate, and roasting a spring chicken. All the while, underneath the chicken, some spuds or sweet potatoes are baking on the pan, catching all those delicious chicken drippings! We’re salivating at the thought!
The only reason why the MaxiMatic didn’t get a 5 out of 5 is that we feel it could have been made a little prettier with better materials. However, at this price range, we can’t complain!
- Stay-on feature
- Unparalleled versatility at a great value
- Excellent time-saver
- Variable cooking temperature
- Detachable as well as easy to clean non-stick parts
- Separate hot plate with dome lid
- It’s multi-purpose and versatile capabilities will result in quicker wear and tear.
- The aesthetics leave much to be desired
- Limited to 5-pounds of meat
4. Ronco 5500 Series Rotisserie Oven Review
First on our top five is the dedicated roasting machine that is the Ronco ST5500SSGEN. This model is a single-purpose oven that doesn’t just roast perfectly, but looks great doing it too! Whether you’re roasting chicken, turkey, or smaller poultry, this oven from the well-known and establish Ronco Brand will not disappoint!
In the large oven, you can fit two whole chickens or poultry up to fifteen pounds. Afterward, you can easily carve these entrees with the pre-included carving platform and oven gloves!
However, this dedicated roaster is not limited to birds. With the pre-included rotisserie basket, you can also roast burgers, vegetables, fish, steaks, meat cutlets, and more! All this cooking behind a clear glass door so you can effectively monitor their progress.
Meanwhile, the 3-hour timer means you don’t have to reset the timer as much as ovens with 60-minute max settings.
- Large cooking capacity
- Heats up quickly
- 30% more energy efficient compared to standard convection ovens
- Detachable glass pan, as well as removable pans, are dishwasher-safe
- Its non-stick interior is easy to clean
- Heat-resistant handle
- A 3-hour timer
- The interior’s non-stick coating may peel or chip if you’re not careful
- Non-adjustable roasting temperature.
- Relatively longer cooking times
- Noisy spit rotation
5. Cuisinart TOB-200 Rotisserie Convection Toaster Oven Review
Although Hamilton Beach is an adequate oven, you might be able to stretch your budget so more to get the superior Cuisinart TOB-200. These two ovens have very similar features, such as a roasting capacity of up to 5 pounds, convection heating, as well as a baking pan large enough for 12-inch pizzas.
However, unlike Hamilton Beach, the TOB-200 is more precise and accurate when it comes to heating and temperature. For one thing, the TOB-200 has programmable cooking functions and an accurate heat sensor giving you excellent control.
With its additional price, you’ll also get a display panel showing you the temperature, programmed cooking setting, and other miscellaneous details.
Lastly, this rotisserie oven from Cuisinart has decidedly better handles, and knobs compared to the Hamilton Beach.
- Variable temperature control from 200 to 500°F
- Digital display window
- Quick and even cooking
- Programmable cooking functions
- Accurate and precise temperature gauge as well as heating control
- Consistent convection cooking
- Limited rotisserie capacity
Which Will You Roast?
Are you still on the fence about our top 5? Although it would be difficult to go wrong with any of the five rotisserie ovens on our list, the ideal one for you will always be the one that perfectly meets your cooking style as well as kitchen needs.
With these points in mind, you can seriously consider the MaxiMatic if you need one appliance to handle most if not all of your cooking needs in a small and compact frame. On the opposite side of the spectrum is the Ronco with its excellent roasting capabilities!
However, if you’re looking for the oven that perfectly balances function with form, then look no further than the Black & Decker!